Principal Web Developer (UI)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As Principal Web Developer at Splunk, you will have a unique opportunity to design, develop and maintain Splunk’s web applications. As a Principal Web Developer you will be responsible for implementing new and advocate Digital Marketing Solutions to meet Splunk’s Marketing goals. You will work with internal IT, Product and Marketing teams to build and sustain Web Marketing applications. You are highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. You must thrive in a fast paced environment.
This role will be based at the San Francisco HQ location. This position will report to Director, Web Technology
- Consult, Design and develop marketing web applications in consultation with Marketing on business needs.
- Advocate and implement the latest Digital Marketing Solutions and Strategies.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and Optimize for maximum speed and scalability.
- Openness and enthusiasm for groundbreaking and disruptive technologies
- Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance – it will include testing, debugging, and applying improvements in a dynamic production environment.
- 8 years of experience in web development; in-depth experience developing numerous web experiences.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineer or related field with progressive experience in Software Engineering. Consulting Experience is a plus.
- Experience with Angular, React, and other modern MV* frameworks
- Front end build tools (Grunt / Gulp) plus experience with GIT and Node.JS
- Experience in CSS Frameworks like Bootstrap/PureCSS etc.
- Good understanding on UI best practices and RESTful services.
- Some Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) CMS experience is needed.
- Experience with continuous integration/build tools (Jenkins, Cruise Control)Appreciation for design, usability, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility concerns
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Strong experience working in multi-functional and distributed teams using SCRUM/Agile development methodologies.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.