Senior Manager, FP&A Business Planning
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you like to work with company strategy, operations and financials? You will report to the VP of FP&A, Business Partner Finance and will focus on the company operating planning process, operating performance metrics, business partner budgeting processes, consolidations, and communication.
- You will develop and continuously improve the company operating and budgeting planning processes by working with corporate FP&A and cross-functionally with key functional group leaders, chiefs of staff and their operations teams.
- You will prepare, maintain, and communicate deliverables and dates, including templates, clear roles and responsibilities, and assuring complete and meaningful projects. Define a cadence and engagement with appropriate methods to reach various levels of executive staff and individual contributors. Project lead to assure on-time, quality deliverables.
- You will assist in organizing and summarizing deliverables to aid decision making and focusing the company resources to deliver the desired business outcomes and key metrics.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives and operating plans.
- You will prepare and/or consolidate a monthly reporting packages that include market group and product financials, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences. Ensure planning and reporting standardization across product and market group organization. You will provide recommendations to the FPA business partner team.
- You will provide financial modeling and analysis for ad-hoc financial projects.
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial and business review meetings.
- Provide a high level of thought process to identify and drive projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Maintain relationships with other leaders on the finance team, including the geographic finance teams to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow.
- Help develop and grow the capabilities and talent of our team.
You should have 12 or more years of relevant professional experience, a portion of which was within a public company (high tech or enterprise software experience is particularly attractive). The person should have a strong strategic and results orientation with a track record of meeting or exceeding business objectives. Ideally you should have technical competence with U.S. GAAP for related responsibilities, experience developing policies and procedures and supporting a robust control environment, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work with various levels of the organization in support of goals and objectives.
The role will work closely with the VP FP&A, Corporate FP&A and various teams across the organization and around the world. This position provides exposure to key accounting and reporting areas, offering development opportunities that can lead to advanced roles within the Finance organization or within other departments.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.