Principal Product Manager – Internal Tools
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success.
In this new role as a Principal Product Manager – Tools, you will own the product portfolio which includes our internal tools, services and processes. You will work closely with Internal Engineering, Product Management, and Architecture teams to help drive our mission of delivering innovative services at scale that enable delivery of on-time, high-velocity, and high-quality software. This product portfolio consists of numerous tools, services and processes which are the foundation for our world-class engineering platforms. You will work closely with Internal Engineering, Product Management, and Architecture teams to help drive our mission of delivering innovative services at scale that enable delivery of on-time, high-velocity, and high-quality software.
- Owner of the Product Portfolio in support of Splunk internal software engineering teams
- Engage with all internal product functions to identify areas of improvement.
- Provide recommendations to improve all aspects of the SDLC at Splunk.
- Modernize our tools and services, drive improvements of tools used for CI/CD, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Identify issues, collaborate with stakeholders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementations.
- B.S. in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in large scale software development as a lead of product development, testing or DevOps.
- Intimate knowledge of each key function in the SDLC
- Intimate knowledge of modern CI/CD based engineering processes
- A background in producing Enterprise commercial software on-time, on-quality, and on-budget.
- Excellent follow up and communication skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Ability to dig deep into customers’ requirements
- Adept at working with teams of highly talented individuals.
- Experienced defining and implementing KPI’s within the SDLC
- Excellent time management skills
- Extraordinary personnel skills
- A team player with exceptional collaboration skills
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.