Sr. Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Sr. Software Engineer, Full-Stack, you will serve as the technical leader for designing and building of data management and experimentation framework for Splunk's Data Science Organization. You will translate business needs into requirements, in collaboration with engineering, product management, IT, and other partners. You will construct a secure environment for data, tools, and infrastructure to streamline data access, analysis, and presentation. You will be vital for creating pipelines, a data integration framework, and automation that interprets and advances data! Enabling Splunk's analytical experiments, models, reports, and dashboards that advise business-critical decisions.
- Create the vision to build and evolve the team’s data infrastructure and tools. Technically lead for the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines
- Ensure production quality methods to retrieve, condition, validate, synthesize, and manipulate data
- Full-stack build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs
- Continuously refine and improve the data architecture and delivery as new requirements surface
- Build cross-functional partnerships with data scientists, product managers, software engineers, and business partners to understand the data and tools needed and deliver on those needs. Seek varied perspectives to drive innovation and build consensus across team members
- Iterate, document, and communicate throughout the development lifecycle.
- Minimum 7+ years of professional experience.
- BA/BS degrees in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent relevant experience
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice
- Experience with architecting and building environments to experiment with data
- Strong expertise in one or more languages such as Python and SQL
- Experience in data store design (data lakes; relational, columnar, NoSQL databases, analytics/OLAP cubes)
- AWS and DevOps experience with AI/ML pipelines
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience ensuring data integrity, security, and encryption
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and technical mentoring skills
- Passionate about impact through strict execution and results!
- Demonstrated Experience working with distributed teams across geographies and time zones
We offer competitive pay and benefits for qualified hires. We look forward to reviewing all resumes and will contact candidates who meet the requirements.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.