Demand Generation Manager, Public Sector - Inside Sales
Role: Demand Generation Manager, Public Sector Inside Sales
Location: McLean, VA (office)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We provide our employees with an environment in which they can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
Are you passionate about sales and cutting-edge technology? Do you want to make a difference and impact and help grow our Sales Teams? Then we have a home for you at Splunk! Splunk is rapidly growing its sales leadership team and is seeking an analytical and strategic leader to help us establish and grow our inside sales business capability. This role is essential function that will work closely with marketing and sales teams to acquire leads and champion them into opportunities that will feed into the sales funnel.
You will not only possess a deep understanding of marketing, sales, channel & alliances and business operations within software industry, but will also be able to communicate effectively with sales and marketing leadership. You have strong people and system building skills and you will help create a top-notch inside sales team. You will be data driven, system savvy, intellectually curious, a fast learner, detail oriented and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with limited direction and supervision. You will have shown success growing a high velocity, higher energy, metric driven inside sales organization in the SaaS space including hiring, enablement, leadership development, sales processes and methodology adherence, forecasting, performance management, and overall sales operations. You thrive in a dynamic environment, and you are excited to be a key component in Splunk’s continued growth, and will drive a high performance, high accountability culture to meet and exceed business development goals.
In this role, you will help drive all aspects of sales development strategy, segmentation and expansions as it aligns with Splunk's corporate vision and mission. You will lead, empower and cultivate the BDR team and with various cross functional teams to develop and qualify opportunities, resulting in high velocity and pipeline generation.
- Work with sales managers and representatives to ensure lead quality, quantity, and proper follow up; align pipeline product to needs of sales organization
- Drive quota achievement by focusing on sales qualified opportunities with decision makers in Enterprise and Commercial accounts.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts from real world interactions with prospects and customers
- Ensure BDRs develop and maintain effective time management to maximize and demonstrate phone and activity time, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours and metrics, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type.
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on team’s performance as well as accurate forecasts to sales leadership based on performance and historical trends
- Collaborate cross functionally with: Sales Operations to establish reports and dashboards to provide visibility into BDR activities; Marketing to define campaign follow up and reporting; Recruiting top talent meet hiring needs
- Keep up with industry trends and the best methodologies, including utilization of new technology and web resources
- 10+ years’ experience in sales development or inside sales in the Enterprise Software space and with fast growing organization
- 3+ years of BDR people management experience
- Track record of success
- Able to work in a sophisticated, changing environment and interact with multiple partners
- Experience with BDR enablement/training/mentoring of new hires
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills (positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills, team-player, sales management, external lead-gen agencies, marketing)
- Willing to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or relevant experience
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
- Gartner's 2020 Magic Quadrant Leader for SIEM
- Named Top 5 on the 2020 Fortune Future 50 list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for Women, Parents, and in Technology
- Chief Technical Adviser for Public Sector, Juliana Vida, named as one of Washington Exec's Top 25 Cyber Execs
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.