Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Splunk Portfolio
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
As a founding member of the Portfolio & Solutions Marketing team, you will own the narrative for how our portfolio comes together so that 1+1 = 3. You will work across product and corporate marketing to drive positioning for key events like .conf and Sales kickoff. You will coordinate across the PMM team to drive a cohesive, outcomes-oriented story for our website, analyst briefings, sales decks and other high-value far-reaching content. You will be a critical stakeholder as Splunk’s portfolio evolves, ensuring new offerings are clearly positioned to drive customer value. You will also work cross functionally to help bring targeted horizontal, cross-portfolio solutions to market.
- Own the narrative around how our portfolio comes together so that 1+1 = 3, working closely with Corporate Messaging and the broader Product Marketing team to ensure cohesion between messages
- Drive Splunk’s high-level differentiators as our portfolio evolves: what they are, where and how they show up across content and for different personas, how we train the field, etc.
- Collaborate across teams to build timely portfolio-wide sales pitches
- Help drive portfolio story for key events like .conf and Sales Kickoff
- Be a key contributor to Splunk.com to bring an outcomes-oriented portfolio story to the website
- Provide marketing expertise and execution to the specialists teams as they bring targeted horizontal solutions to market
- Work with vertical PMM team to expand scope of verticalized horizontal solutions
- 8+ years of experience in solutions, industries, or product marketing preferred, with some experience at a SaaS company
- Strong storytelling skills and experience creating corporate or product pitches
- Knowledge of the B2B SaaS sales cycle and levers to pull at different stages of the selling motion
- Messaging wizard: know how to combine technical product differentiators to business outcomes
- Deep understanding of how businesses work and what keeps executives up at night
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert at expanding beyond task-level thinking to see the big picture and connection points between messages, teams and processes
- Ability to think both analytically and creatively
- Comfort with high levels of ambiguity – this is a new team and change is expected!
- Bachelors required; MBA a plus
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.