Business Development Manager - Intelligence Community
Join us as we pursue our powerful new vision to turn Data Into Doing with the first Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Are you ready to change the way businesses think and do you want to make your impact? We seek a Business Development Manager having a background in the Intelligence and Department of Defense market to assist with penetrating and growing our market. The successful applicant will be expected to develop new business, expand and lead a qualified pipeline, represent Splunk capabilities with customers and industry partners, and work with our extended partner team to support strategic programs. Applicants must have a comprehensive understanding of current trends and emerging technologies in the Federal Intel and DoD community. This is a highly visible position requiring a proven record of success in growing new business and expanding current engagements.
The candidate will define and implement the overall business development strategy and work with a cross functional team to drive the development and marketing of Splunk software solutions in the Intelligence and DoD market. Familiarity with Federal programs including planning, budget and execution processes, and acquisition strategies is required.
- Identify, qualify and lead new Business Development opportunities in assigned territory
- Formulate and implement business development strategies in assigned territory
- Actively engage in the customer and partner ecosystem and represent Splunk in the business community at industry and client events
- Educate existing and potential government customers, industry partners, and internal team members on the Splunk value proposition
- Understand and use market metrics, mission priorities, and customer goals to envision, shape, and assist in closing opportunities
- Develop and maintain highly effective partnerships with the Government executives, Program Managers, contract management offices and industry partners that drive growth
- Assist Account teams with development of Account specific growth plans
- Support brand development and market outreach activities
- Lead communication among and participation with multiple extended teams to drive business
The candidate must possess strong leadership and organizational skills to cultivate, build and maintain customer relationships, internally and externally, critical to technology development.
- 7+ years in the Federal Intelligence OR Department of Defense IT market or cyber security mission (CIO or CISO preferred) OR 10+ years direct selling/business development experience selling IT infrastructure solutions and Services to the Federal Intel / DoD market
- Existing network of Customer and SI relationships within the DoD/IC community
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of leading large IT programs through the acquisition process
- Strong executive presence and polish
- High energy and positive demeanor
- Ability to take initiative
- Extraordinary, social, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, constantly evolving environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
Education and experience requirements:
- Minimum TS/SCI (or higher) security clearance required
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Sales team member to help ensure its success.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.