Product Manager Intern - Summer 2023, Remote Available
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for interns for Summer 2023! As a Product Manager intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
You will get to work with smart and hardworking individuals who are doing state of the art development work (native mobile, web front-end and back-end, DevOps) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, infrastructure and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Partner with engineers and other PMs to prioritize and understand customer and user needs in-depth and translate those needs into a compelling product roadmap.
- Develop insightful success metrics and tactically implement operational and process improvements across our product feedback portfolio
- Communicate our customers' technical requirements crisply and succinctly with design and engineering
- Write functional specifications, and set criteria for release readiness with regards to the functionality of the solution.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, support, and field teams to improve existing workflows and team processes and successfully deliver products.
- Make an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or MBA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, Analytics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement
- Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their studies after their internship concludes.
- The Splunk internship program runs for a minimum of 10 weeks, up to a maximum of 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2023. Applicants should be available to participate full-time (40 hours/week) in an internship during this time.
- Self-motivation and strong passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and reporting skills
- Strong project execution skills, attention to detail and quality, and a risk-mitigation mentality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience with and/or desire to hold a customer facing role
- Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience, and energy to drive consensus across functions and teams
- Strong collaboration with internal and external partners
- Willing to do what it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
What We Offer You:
- A fun and collaborative environment with many exciting events from interacting with other interns to conversations with our executive leadership team.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for benefits.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay: $38.00 per hour
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay: $36.00 per hour
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay: $34.00 per hour
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.