Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning Focus)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this position you will work independently, with Security Innovation and Data Science team members, Splunk Global Security team members, R&D teams, professional services and customers to create high value compelling demonstrations, proof of concepts using a combination of existing and emerging technology. Your experience with software and data engineering, and familiarity with machine learning will be used for customer engagements, security control automation, efficiency improvement; We are looking for engineers with a passion to build intelligent applications using machine learning and AI; Someone enjoys working on creative problems, has well-rounded experience with statistical, supervised/unsupervised methods, and text analytics. Finally, someone enjoys working with others and who is not limited by a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
- Develop machine learning based and data driven product and services for security control automation and cyber security operations efficiency improvement.
- Championing best practices for building scalable and reliable services.
- Deploy data science and ML/AI assets at scale and performance.
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Work closely with data scientists, engineers, and analysts to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Work with the machine learning and data scientist on any necessary data modeling to facilitate risk assessment, security monitoring & detection, incidence investigation, and automations.
- Evaluate and run proof of concept third party ml/ai tools and products.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience developing and deploying software in AWS - Experience with serverless backend deployment and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with micro-service architecture and containerized deployment
- Experience with developing ML driven data products
- Ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure, including: RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift); NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis); MapReduce (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Pig); Logging/messaging systems (Kafka, Scribe, Flume, Kinesis, SQS)
- Ability to work with varied data formats (Avro, CSV, Grok, Ion, JSON, ORC, Parquet, etc.)
- Experience with database modeling (SQL and NoSQL)
- Proven track record of leading projects through design, development, release, and maintenance phases
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks (sci-kit learn, SparkML, TensorFlow, Keras, etc)
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- An inherent desire to learn and grow and a passion to move things forward
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Experience with Splunk - desired
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.