Business Development Representative
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you ready to change the way businesses think and do you want to make your impact? How would you like to be the face of the brand and help prospects become customers of Splunk? If so, then this may be a phenomenal way for you to jump start your sales career. We are seeking dynamic, early career level sales folks to join our fast-growing Business Development team. This is a highly transparent, collaborative position based in our Tokyo, Japan office. In this role, you will have key responsibilities such as working through sales campaigns as a hunter to cold call and email new prospects, qualify their interest and purchasing power for Splunk products, and develop pipeline for the organization. You possess outstanding verbal and written interpersonal skills and you are dedicated to learning as much as you can about Splunk and building your business insight to be able to articulate the value proposition that our clients experience with Splunk. There is a defined growth path for successful Business Development Reps to be promoted throughout the sales organization and other similar roles and marketing functions.
You will create a positive first impression with our prospects and customers by proving them with "world-class" experience. You will complete initial introduction and qualification of potential sales opportunities for approval and assignment to the appropriate Sales Representatives. You maintain a sense of urgency and rapid response cadence in following up on all inbound inquires and marketing campaigns. You are a strong performer and set the bar high.
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in customer & prospect accounts
- Contact 60+ prospects daily via phone, email, and other various forms of outreach.
- Qualify pre-opportunities by identifying Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeframe.
- Generate pipeline through marketing programs and coordinate meetings with Regional Sales Reps.
- Actively participate in and add to team learning opportunities and your own personal development
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional environment (experience on phone or public speaking preferred)
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree
- High ethical and moral standards and great at nourishing relationships
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Native Fluency in Japanese required, High fluency in English preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to meet and exceed achievable targets
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- CRM or Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Ability to commute daily to our Tokyo office (this is not a remote position)
- Articulate and excellent follow up skills
- Strong desire to move up in other sales functions at Splunk
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.