Build & Release Engineer
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
Highly skilled candidates will have professional experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, Python and GO.
As a Build and Release Engineer for the Engineering Services team, within the IT Business Applications group, you will influence our Continuous Delivery Platform initiative. You will collaborate with various teams to automate and improve the software delivery process. Our team will be responsible for the technical vision as well as the technical implementation across the IT organization. Your passion for code quality, release engineering, and developer efficiency will set a new standard for continuous delivery for Splunk IT. Many Splunkers will partner with you and learn about various systems, platforms as you understand their challenges and collaborate with SMEs to develop scalable continuous delivery (CD) pipelines.
This position requires you to be a phenomenal listener, paying attention to details, and handling various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive demeanor.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Build and maintain CI pipelines using tools like GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, SonarQube, Vault, and Terraform.
- Develop and communicate a continuous delivery strategy for deploying applications to Kubernetes and AWS.
- Create CICD pipelines for a variety of applications such as Salesforce, SAP ERP, node/react applications, NetSuite, Workday, etc.
- Investigate build and deployment related issues using monitoring and troubleshooting our own tools like Splunk, SignalFX, VictorOps.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to devise code branching strategies, application deployment and rollback strategies.
- Improve and encourage development hygiene by incorporating unit testing, code coverage, functional testing, container security scanning, and static code analysis within the CICD workflow.
- Build tools and services that can improve engineering efficiency and partner with the development team to introduce new tools and industry standard practices.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in build and release engineering or equivalent using modern CI systems such as GitLab, Circle CI, Travis, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience running applications Kubernetes in production with a keen understanding of K8 concepts like Nodes, Pods, Services, Namespaces, Replica Sets, Deployments, Service, Ingress etc.
- 2+ years experience with Docker and understanding of Docker concepts such as Networking, Storage, Docker Registry, and Images.
- 2+ years experience with Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Expert understanding of GIT and various branching strategies. You should be able to discussions about GitFlow vs. GitLab Flow vs. GitHub Flow vs. some other Git Flow and what makes sense for the organization.
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.