Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey! Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
Location: Boulder, CO or Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
The Salesforce Software Engineer will join the Sales Technology team at Splunk, working closely with leadership and internal customers as we supercharge our go-to-market capabilities. Working cross-functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to create holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while cultivating Splunk’s long-range goals.
- You'll be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for innovating and simplifying the sales experience across channels, functions, and platforms.
- You'll be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- You'll drive the innovative use of Salesforce.com as an enterprise business platform for a rapidly growing and evolving company.
- You'll facilitate maintenance and enhancement of the Salesforce.com platform for the Sales and Marketing teams
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of experience implementing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystem
- Experience integrating the Salesforce platform with internal and external systems
- Deep understanding of overall Salesforce ecosystem
- You have come from a programming background using one or more of the languages such as APEX, Visualforce, Java, Python
- Enterprise integration architectures such as SOA, RESTful, ETL
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles.
- Understanding of ERP & Professional Services Administration processes is a preferred.
- Understanding of CPQ, Opportunity Management & Order Management processes is a plus.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- You have the desire to learn and apply new technologies
- You have the ability to self-train quickly and pick up new skills as necessary
- You have good interpersonal skills
- Experience in translating customer business requirements into workable technical solutions, either as a software solution or a re-engineering initiative is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.