Product Manager – Regulatory Compliance
Product Manager – Regulatory Compliance
Splunk is looking for a committed Product Manager to drive the successful completion of a variety regulatory compliance regimes in the security space.
You will use your understanding of compliance and security to define goals and product features needed to meet regulations.
We are looking for someone who can collaborate with a team of engineers, QA, UX and compliance contractors to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking, secure products that meet US and International compliance regulations.
You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align business drivers with compliance imperatives. You will work across-functional teams to drive product changes to meet secure operation of Splunk software.
- Be the subject matter expert in one or more certifications with a deep understanding of relevant standards, policies and controls, certification process, requirements to enter certifications process, external organizations involved and other meaningful knowledge to get a certification done successfully
- Work closely with Sales, Product Management, Engineering and other cross functional partners to develop product certification strategies, roadmaps, Plans of Record (POR) and execute.
- Coordinate all aspects of the certifications projects from start to finish with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Understand and write all product requirements for certifications – in coordination with peer product managers when needed.
- Develop business cases and prioritize contending requirements working with Product, Sales and other teams as needed
- Develop a technical understanding of the product to speak fluently with consultants, certification agencies, and other entities to achieve certifications with as few additional resources as possible.
- Work with individual product authorities, outside consultants and firms, and more to successfully complete certifications.
- Select outside contractors and certification agencies for certification projects, work with legal and contracts to finalize agreements
- Provide regular status updates to internal working teams as well as to management partners
- Experience with completing one or more of these certifications: FedRAMP, Common Criteria, FISMA, FIPS 140-2, ISO 27001, SOC 2 or other country-specific certifications
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of Product and/or Program Management experience including a minimum 2 - 3 years of experience with regulatory compliance and certifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand the audience and tailor communications effectively with a variety of internal partners and customers
- Technical background in enterprise security; knowledge of network security, cloud security, endpoint security and cryptography is helpful
- Desire to learn new certification schemes and processes
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Strong leadership and program management skills needed to influence and lead without direct authority
- Enjoys being hands-on in style and approach to working, with very strong interest and proven aptitude in technology products
- Knowledge and/or ability to understand security architectures (including cloud architectures) and apply that to certification and compliance projects as needed
- CISSP or other security certifications is a plus
- Prior knowledge of Splunk a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.