Business Development Representative
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
- Be the engine that drives, builds and develops pipeline, new logos and growth through high outbound activity.
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in customer & prospect accounts (enterprise & commercial)
- Identify business pains, objectives, and related impacts on customers
- Develop sales opportunities by cold calling, email, and other various forms of outreach.
- Qualify opportunities by identifying Budget, Authority, Need, and time frame.
- Collaborate with appropriate sales reps and sales managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- When required, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, partner call out days
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Prioritise account lists within a defined territory and build and grow active pool and pipeline.
- Attend and act as a Splunk representative at select field marketing events when necessary
- Meet and exceed assigned metrics, maintain input activity (call volumes) and achieve monthly key performance indicators.
- Update activity and pipeline on Salesforce.com.
- Experience of cold calling and hunting into greenfield accounts/businesses
- Success in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business.
- Experience in booking qualified sales appointments and owning, growing and leading the entire appointment process.
- A good command of account profiling and a demonstrated ability to navigate key contacts and identify account intelligence.
- Software sales and Enterprise prospecting experience a plus.
- Strong motivation to grow, learn and adapt and passionate about new technologies.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.