Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
The Escalation Manager is a member of the Incident Management Team at Splunk, which leads and manages escalations resulting from product, services, account management, customer experience, adoption and renewal related topics. This team brings strategy, structure, executive attention, and additional internal resources to customer challenges that would otherwise result in a high level of customer dissatisfaction. The Escalation Manager will be responsible for managing and driving to resolution high profile customer escalations, analyzing escalation trends and reporting back to leadership on the drivers of customer dissatisfaction. This is a senior role at Splunk requiring an individual who can take charge in high stress situations and give direction to both customer personnel and to Splunk engineers to drive expeditious resolution of incidents.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Independently drive and monitor complex escalations from initiation through resolution by developing a success-driven plan while leading a cross-functional team with customer and internal key stakeholders.
- Report and escalate efforts to resolve complex customer experience problems
- Lead support response both with the customer and internally to key stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Advise Senior Leadership of any developments and action plans. Sets customer expectations and provides updates regarding troubleshooting and resolution action plan in external communications.
- Provide process improvement recommendations for improving customer experience
- Analyze escalation trends and produce strategic recommendations to proactively address systemic issues
- Review and refine Escalation Management process, protocols, dashboards and run-books
- Restore the customers confidence in Splunk and Splunk products
Required Qualifications: I’ve already got this!
- 10+ years account management, consultation, project management, escalation management and/or technical support experience
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively verbally and in writing with both customers and internally at Splunk
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to build relationships and influence Senior Leadership
- Ability to have difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
- Ability to collaborate with peers and work cross-function as needed with Product and/ or Engineering teams
- Proven knowledge of Escalations Management frameworks (eg. ITIL)
- Negotiation, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Occasional weekend work as the business requires
- Expected to travel to customer sites as needed. Up to 30% travel expected
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS (or equivalent)
- Strong financial and business sense, critical thinking, decision-making abilities
- Fundamental working knowledge/overview of Splunk
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.