Software Engineer Co-Op (Winter 2022)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you excited about data? Join us in the Cloud Data Ingestion engineering team (Vancouver, Canada) to develop sophisticated platform services, frameworks and tooling that allow customers and developers to collect massive amounts of data from a multitude of devices, operating systems, logs, metrics and more, in a scalable and reliable way. You will also contribute directly to the production codebase by doing development work in new features. If this gets you excited in your bones, apply today.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified?
Getting a vast variety of massive data in and ready for analysis is never easy. Splunk is looking for interns to join our Cloud Data Ingestion engineering team to build and maintain sophisticated products to collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scale, secure and reliable way both for Cloud and On-premise customers.
- You are a college student with at least 2 years of university-level Computer Science education
- You have experience building web applications: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
Good to have:
- Experience working in a commercial or open source software development team
- Experience with Python, Java or Go
- Experience using docker, Kubernetes, or public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with Splunk products is a plus!
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of outstandingly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk thrives with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.