Sales Engineer Intern
Locations: SF (CA), Dallas (TX), McLean (VA), Chicago(IL), Atlanta (GA)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a
Come join us if you’re looking for an internship allowing you to blend your technical skills with your business acumen! We’re looking for Sales Engineering Interns that can be a connector between people, technology, and business.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
What is a Sales Engineer?
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll combine your technical aptitude, exceptional communication skills, and creative problem solving to drive product adoption and success. Sales Engineers work alongside with engineers, product managers, and the sales team to engage with our customers in order to solve their most challenging problems using Splunk. Sales Engineers work with clients to understand real-world business problems and solve them by building & architecting technology.
What you’ll do as a Splunktern?
Sales Engineer Interns will get the opportunity to learn Splunk technology, features, solutions and applications. As a Sales Engineer Intern, you will get the opportunity to:
- Develop a project that will contribute to real-life improvements with high impact
- Evangelize our product and services to customers
- Collaborate with various Splunk teams
- Receive multiple Splunk coveted certifications
- Travel and meet other Splunkterns in a 2-week training in Dallas, TX
- Travel to various markets to position Splunk’s product adoption and positioning
Who are we looking for?
- We give preference to 3rd year students who are pursuing a BS degree program in computer science, engineering or a related discipline
- You possess strong written and communication skills. You have interest in cloud technologies, cybersecurity, and machine learning
- You have the ability to explain technical concepts to a wide range of audiences, you’re passionate about learning, and thrive under pressure.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or Security is desirable.
- Named one of Way Up’s “Top 100 Internships”
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500- 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.