Director, Finance Technology
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. You will have a proven record managing technology delivery teams, automating core business processes with low friction, high value business systems. As Splunk scales into a multibillion dollar company, it is critical we get our processes and systems right for subsequent growth. This role is for you if possess a blend of engagement skills, product management, finance process knowledge, critical thinking, and a real passion for frictionless systems.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
The Director, Finance Technology will work cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, uses keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to craft holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while fostering Splunk’s long range goals.
You will lead a dynamic, distributed team responsible for rapidly evolving the systems and processes supporting our Finance and Accounting functions. You’ll lead the operation and performance of core platforms and the delivery of new or enhanced applications to support both known and emerging needs. You’ll work closely with business partners, and our governance working group to understand business imperatives, establish priorities, then align resource plans and schedules for on and offshore engineering resources to ensure predictable, high quality deliveries.
You will direct a global hybrid team of business analysts and specialists supporting production applications, leading operations, process improvement, and maintenance of 24x7 applications in a SOX compliant environment. You will evaluate potential new applications and solutions against business requirements, ensuring they are aligned to broader architectural and security standards and that they meet tactical and strategic objectives.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of professional experience crafting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
- 7+ years of experience leading and developing delivery and technology teams
- Deep experience and expertise translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact systems
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, providing consistent record of all activities, while handling confidential work with discretion
- Demonstrable success implementing and supporting large scale enterprise applications including NetSuite and Workday
- Real passion for documentation including diagrams, standards, and project papers
- Be able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
- Deep understanding of common concepts, methodologies, and technologies that support integration of complex systems including restful APIs, Enterprise Service Bus, etc
- Good communication and project management skills, shown experience delivering large scale, complex projects
- Real passion for managing a team and developing talent
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.
- Travel up to 25%
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.