Staff Technical Writer- SignalFx Integrations and UI Features
Technical writers on our team play a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that they are able to scale and standardize their use of SignalFx across a broad set of technical users. Our customers include software developers, site reliability engineers, and technical operations teams.
The ideal candidate enjoys mastering new technologies and has both a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications, and a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software engineers, product managers, and technical pre- and post-sales teams. You must be collaborative, creative, empathetic, and curious, with a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
You will be working with teams in Raleigh, NC and Krakow, Poland, and must be able to align working hours to coordinate closely these locations.
- Create, produce and revise high-quality UI, integration, and API documentation associated with SignalFx installation, configuration, and usage.
- Install and test software integrations to ensure that documentation is accurate and complete.
- Participate in the planning of documentation projects with engineering teams and product management.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by others.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Help develop designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for SignalFx products.
- A minimum of 7 years in a technical writing or lead writing role.
- Experience using and documenting SaaS products, targeting multiple audiences, output formats, and use cases.
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate documentation targeted at developers or infrastructure and operations engineering teams.
- Experience working in an agile environment, preferably with both onsite and remote team members working in multiple time zones.
- Experience using Git as a version management tool, including working with branches, creating pull requests, and resolving merge conflicts.
- Experience building good working relationships with development teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with monitoring or management software
- Experience with installation and configuration of cloud infrastructure and services
- Experience building documentation using Sphinx and ReadTheDocs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.