Senior Director of Engineering – Security Market Groups
Senior Director of Engineering – Security Market Groups
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk > Enterprise Security team consists of Enterprise Security, the number one market leader of an analytics-driven Security Information Event Management (SIEM) solution and Splunk User Behavior Analytics (UBA) for securing against unknown threats through user and entity behavior analytics.
We're looking for an experienced engineering leader to help lead a diverse team of engineers as we continue to innovate on our products. As a leader at Splunk, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design and technical decisions, and helping the team overcome any challenges that we encounter. While you won't be coding on a day-to-day basis, you should be comfortable with providing technical mentorship when vital. You will also be responsible in partnership with our Product Management team in helping define the product strategic direction and vision for the Enterprise Shared Services team.
As a leader in the Enterprise Engineering group, you'll also be deeply involved in roadmap planning, structuring our organization, and collaborating with a large network of software, IT and Security professionals. Splunk's teams are distributed in multiple locations; the right candidate will need to have excellent communication and leadership skills which transcend the geographic divides.
- Working closely with the rest of the leadership and product management team on product strategy and roadmap refinement.
- Mentoring, growing, and leading multiple scrum teams containing individuals from multiple geographic areas.
- Hold regular 1:1s with direct reports, help them navigate challenges, and mentor them to achieve their career aspirations.
- Lead the creation of features and product releases by being closely involved with the product development, design, and review.
- Quality and relentless improvement is a priority. A successful manager will champion code quality among the team by actively participating in code reviews, test plan development, and holding ourselves accountable for writing appropriate automated tests.
- Work closely with developers and architects on technical decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Work with other team leads from across the product organization on inter-area projects, help identify the critical paths of components, and resolve dependencies.
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent; MS Preferred
- At least 6 years of engineering management experience in software development and Agile environment
- DevOps approach and strong ownership over owned code (test, monitor, deploy, maintain)
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams focused on API backed web applications is strongly desired.
- Proficiency in object-oriented and multi-threaded programming to support code-reviews and guiding engineers in at least one of the following languages: Golang, Java, C++, Python
- Proven experience as a technical lead on successful, large-scale software projects is ideal
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key to working optimally with the team.
- Ability to lead, empower and grow teams of developers in an exciting, dynamic and global environment
- Have experience leading distributed teams on multiple concurrent projects.
- Outstanding and upbeat personnel skills.
- Experienced in defining and implementing critical metrics within the SDLC
- Excellent time management skills,
- Supporting a team of 40+
- Deep domain experience in Security and able to push new products to market in Cloud and on Prem
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.