Cloud Solutions Architect
Cloud Solutions Architect, Sales Engineering – Remote, US
Pre-Sales Cloud Solutions Architects are domain experts on the Splunk Cloud services, cloud service providers (CSPs), and operationalizing data from cloud services. As one of Splunk’s senior-most technical pre-sales resources, you will be a key participant in securing the technical win on strategic and complex opportunities.
In this role, you’ll be joining a pre-sales overlay team of technical experts who leverage their diverse technical backgrounds to help Americas customers design solutions at scale. The Solution Architect team is a distributed, remote team of experts residing across four different time zones.
You will have the opportunity to cover a wide range of engagements. Some examples include aligning new use-cases to product roadmaps, designing future-state architectures, presenting to CxOs, and acting as an authority on particular technical guidance.
What you’ll do
- Provide senior, technical sales leadership for Splunk Cloud opportunities
- Operate as a self-starter who is driven by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win
- Influence product capabilities and direction based on crosscutting customer challenges and needs
- Guide customers through best practices and architectures for complex technology challenges
- Act as an internal technical expert, fielding questions related to Splunk Cloud services, and cloud services provided by Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services
- Develop and deliver technical content for internal and external audiences to advance sales stages and/or provide high-impact marketing events
- Maintain and extend personal expertise related to evolving and newly emerging technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk
What you’ve done
- 7+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales or professional services role
- 3+ year of experience working with a CSP IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Possess deep knowledge and expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform service, certifications a plus
- Experience operationalizing logs and metrics
- Experience presenting technical content to a range of customers from admins to CxOs
- Ability to travel up to 25% (when/where public health conditions allow due to COVID-19)
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $127,500.00. You may also be eligible for variable incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.