Engineering Manager - Enterprise Integrations & Automation (Remote OK)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Manager of Software Engineering, Enterprise Integrations & Automation, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our data integration and process automation strategy that directly impacts critical internal business processes that run our $3B+ and growing business. You will be responsible for driving the development, enhancement and maintenance of integration APIs and automation solutions that enable us to connect disparate systems, orchestrate business processes and transport transactional data from source to target systems. You will need to use your technical integration knowledge, API expertise, process automation experience and deep experience delivering features using Agile methodologies.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for promoting ideas throughout the organization. In this role you will do the following:
- Lead a team of accomplished API software engineers (full-time and contingent) to develop next-generation enterprise APIs.
- Manage and coach engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent (full-time and contingent) to scale the program and meet customer demand.
- Lead the daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Act as a Scrum Master for the delivery team.
- Champion Agile methods and practices, such as pair programming, test-driven development, and continuous delivery.
- Supervise the delivery of high quality, well-written code that is quickly understood and easily supported by others.
- Participate in project core team meetings to discuss status, risks, and mitigation strategies across delivery teams.
- Partner with Product Managers and Program Managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives.
- Define, manage, and report on key performance indicators that measure team performance against organizational objectives.
- Coach team members to progress their personal and professional goals.
- 5+ years of management experience in an Agile software delivery environment
- 7+ years of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) middleware domain experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- 3+ years of experience delivering solutions for the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or equivalent
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologie.
- Experience in API security, test automation and observability
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, microservices framework & lifecycle, scalable enterprise API design
- Working knowledge of robotic process automation and business process automation
- Demonstrable experience coaching and developing individuals to meet career objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with bot development lifecycle using Automation Anywhere
- Experience with managing down tech debt and balancing it with new product development
- Knowledge of Splunk Observability product suite
- Masters/Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.