Senior/Principal Product Manager - Cloud Data Catalog UI
Senior/Principal Product Manager - Cloud Data Catalog UI
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a strong product leader to drive the definition, development, and adoption of the Data Catalog UI Experience for its next generation cloud platform. This role will execute a key part of Splunk's data to everyone strategy, empowering users to effectively search, discover, and explore both data and knowledge across the platform to deliver faster time-to-value, re-use of insights, and collaboration among teams.
You will collaborate with a team of engineers, UX, and customers to continue Splunk's tradition of building groundbreaking products.
You are organized, positive, creative, analytical, and focused on the customer and partners at all times. You know when to make decisions and when to ask questions. This is an execution-focused role: You maintain a strong long-term vision that aligns with the product strategy. At the same time, you are committed to improving the end-user experience at every step of the way. This requires a customer-focused product management professional with excellent interpersonal skills, and a track record of success.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Own the "whole" product experience
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market and technology trends
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups and acceptance criteria in collaboration with engineering or independently
- Collaborate with engineering, QA and support teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing and partner teams to support content creation and product messaging
You are a hands-on product manager who can execute and evangelize a transformative vision for Splunk’s end users. In this role, you will iron out highly complex problems, gain insight into customer challenges, business goals and increase Splunk’s adoption across our customer base. Everything you build will need to be tracked, measured and reported. You will be key to evolving Splunk’s value chain in the marketplace and to impact our top-line growth.
- 5-7 years of experience in product management
- Experience as a product manager for cloud-based product offerings
- Passion for solving challenging technical problems and building enterprise products with intuitive user experience
- Deep understanding of data platform market, trends, competition and industry
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- You are comfortable working with colleagues in other Splunk offices on a regular basis. This position requires up to 20% travel.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.