Sr. Director, Public Relations
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
Are you an accomplished communications leader eager to tell the next transformative technology story? Are you a creative storyteller and influencer with the experience to lead one of tech’s brightest and fastest growing PR teams? Are you passionate about helping the world understand technology’s positive impact on work, life and society? If yes, read on.
We’re looking for an outstanding communications leader who relishes storytelling on a global scale and orchestrating PR programs for one of the technology industry’s fastest growing and most dynamic software companies. Splunk’s Senior Director of Public Relations will be someone who has deep media relations and corporate, cloud and enterprise software PR experience, and is curious about how data holds the answers to some of our world’s toughest challenges and greatest opportunities.
Based in San Francisco or San Jose, CA, this is a senior, strategic marketing role, global in scope and sits at the heart of our high-growth and highly collaborative environment. You should be committed to crafting exceptional programs and ready to lead a growing and high-performing team of passionate and committed Splunkers. Reporting to Splunk’s Vice President of Communications, our Senior Director of Public Relations will be responsible for telling our company story to our customers, people, partners and other key audiences and leading our PR programs.
- Lead the company’s PR team, including critical communications related to our business strategy and development, product news, M&A, corporate reputation, research, partners, customer stories, global impact, Splunk Ventures and financials.
- Oversee Tier-1 business press engagement including thought leadership for Splunk’s leadership team and deep bench of technology evangelists, corporate thinkers and emerging leaders; develop and cultivate strong relationships with journalists and influencers across the media landscape.
- Oversee all PR strategy for Splunk. Manage our growing PR team and partner closely with the rest of Splunk’s Comms team including Employee and Exec Communications, Social Media, Analyst Relations and Social Impact Marketing.
- Partner with Investor Relations and Finance teams to lead Splunk’s external communications surrounding our quarterly earnings report.
- Work in partnership with key partners across the organization including, but not exclusive to, Splunk’s customer and partnership marketing, content, brand and creative and messaging teams to tell customer stories in new and innovative ways.
- Work with global communications leaders to ensure a consistent narrative and strategic alignment around all news throughout all regions.
- Write press releases, blogs, social media copy and other materials to support communications strategies.
- Manage and develop partnerships with Splunk's PR agency partners.
- Lead and grow a team of high-performing PR professionals.
- Plan and execute various communications projects / programs with internal and external partners.
- A minimum of 15 years experience in technology communications with a focus on software and cloud computing.
- A minimum of 5-10 years in a people management role; a genuine love for team building, talent development and leadership.
- Deep relationships with media and influencers across business, technology and financial focused media outlets (in-print, online and broadcast).
- A passion for creative storytelling, written and verbal communications.
- Strong understanding of key trends driving technology and business transformation.
- An excellent writer and presenter - no matter the audience. A leader who can think autonomously and inspire teamwork.
- A best-in-class communicator and track-record for creating trusted partnerships across teams and businesses.
- An almost overwhelming desire to balance exceptional results with fun.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.