IT Asset Manager - (ITAM) IT Asset Management Program
Splunk is the leading global data to everything company in pursuit of making machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a rapidly scaling company who prides itself on hiring people who are passionate about our product and seeks to deliver the best work experience for our 6,000+ Splunkers across the globe. With growth comes the opportunity to build scalable solutions to meet our ever rapidly growing business needs. As an IT Asset Manager you will drive our IT asset program with an eye for building solutions that are meeting our global needs.
We are looking for a strong IT professional who will craft the vision and drive the roadmap of our ITAM solution. You will develop process guidelines, establish tooling to meet compliance requirements, and build success metrics to measure outcomes. You will be responsible for deploying the best of breed ITAM solutions while evolving our current IT Asset management practices and procedures to streamline and shape our Global endpoint Asset Management program. The IT Asset Management role will be responsible for delivering the lifecycle management of IT hardware, software, and service agreements. This is not a personnel leadership role. ITAM responsibilities encompass service ownership of its CMDB, and full life cycle management of all IT assets.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Provide oversight and management for the overall asset program.
- Develop asset control processes to monitor accountability identification, maintenance, location and contracts
- Drives policies and procedures for reclamation & redeployment of endpoints including audit readiness activities
- Analyze program requirements and assessment methodology to align with FHB data requirements and risk practices.
- Develops lifecycle and work closely with the Service Desk and Client Platform Engineering teams to ensure software operating as expected and produces results appropriately.
- Manage audit requests and follow-up activities as they pertain to the Program.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Design, implement and manage (ITAM) IT Asset Management Program, policies, procedures and processes
- Ensures that ITAM related tools and services are properly evaluated, selected, implemented, configured and maintained, with appropriate integration to data sources
- Lifecycle management - Responsible for management, control, protection, optimization, strategic decision making and retirement of IT Assets
- Monitor software licenses to ensure they align with license agreements and usage standards
- Collaborate with management to define cost savings, asset compliances and service improvement opportunities
- Prepare and manage IT asset capital and expense budgets
- Establish and maintain IT Asset Standards for Hardware and Software by assessing business needs and aligning with technology
- Provide leadership, vision, management and strategy for ITAM services
- Serve as a point of escalation within the IT organization in regard to asset related issues and requests.
- Provide metrics and reports on all assets based around life cycles, projections of spend to replace and maintain hardware over a multi-year span.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
We're seeking a candidate the embraces Splunk values and is excited to join the team. If you don't meet all of the criteria, please apply. Nobody checks every box.
- 5+ years’ experience in program analysis and/or inventory management and control required.
- 3+ years’ experience with IT asset tools, CMDB, ITAM platforms such as ServiceNow, Device42, Fresh Service, Vizor, Deployhub etc
- 3+ years' experience designing, implementing and managing (ITAM) IT Asset Management programs, policies, procedures and processes
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Experience planning, preparing, coordinating and/or delivering training to users of information management systems preferred.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- ServiceNow Systems Administrator Certification
- Experience with Splunk products
- Prior experience as a Service Desk Analyst or Client Platform Engineer
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.