Contracts Manager, Data Privacy
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
We seek an experienced Contract Manager to support Splunk’s commercial privacy and security negotiations in EMEA. This role’s primary focus is to help draft, negotiate and align Splunk’s commercial privacy and security obligations to Splunk’s world-wide contractual, legal and regulatory practices. You will work closely with members of Splunk’s Data Protection team to maintain and evolve Splunk’s commercial data protection terms globally and develop and enhance internal/external content related
to privacy and security. The role will report to Splunk’s Sr. Legal Counsel, Data Protection. Splunk’s EMEA office is based in the UK, but other EMEA locations are negotiable.
Personal Characteristics and Skills: How can I succeed at Splunk?
The successful candidate will:
● Have a high EQ and a strong history of successful cross-functional collaboration with others;
● Speak/write clearly and concisely with a flexible style adaptable to different needs globally;
● Rapidly adapt to evolving negotiations;
● Express complex ideas in easily understandable and effective ways;
● Possess strong project management skills;
● Work independently with a high degree of accountability;
● Be proactive and demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and a strong work ethic;
● Have good business judgment and think strategically;
● Maintain a sense of humour and live the mantra--work hard, have fun, make history!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
The successful candidate will:
● Draft, review and negotiate privacy, security and data protection terms in customer agreements--significant SaaS experience required (+5 years);
● Assist the Commercial Legal team and Field Sales organisation with customer inquiries and
escalations around privacy, security and data protection;
● Create and provide training to the Commercial Legal and Field Sales organisation for general and
EMEA-specific data protection issues;
● Help create informational material for the Field Sales organisation and Splunk’s customers about Splunk’s data protection program;
● Help identify amendments to privacy and security contractual terms and new templates or clauses as required;
● Assist the Data Protection and Commercial Legal teams with contract administration, including contract process improvement, contract management tool maintenance, tracking and reporting;
● Keep up with industry guidelines that relate to Splunk’s products, such as SOC2, ISO and PCI- DSS;
● Help update and maintain Splunk’s customer RFP database;
● Other responsibilities as needed.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
Candidates must have:
● At least 5 full years’ experience as a Contract Manager (Negotiator) for SaaS solutions;
● Solid grasp of the commercial requirements of key data protection compliance programs in EMEA, including GDPR;
● Significant experience negotiating Data Protection Addenda and Information Security Addenda;
● Significant experience with SaaS-standard security programs, such as SOC2, ISO 27001, and PCI-DSS, including a fundamental understanding of program elements;
● A passion for privacy and data protection;
● Expertise in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
● Prior experience with OneTrust and Conga/Apttus, a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.