Bay Area Campus Security Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Safety and Security organization protects Splunk’s people, assets and facilities across the globe. To accomplish our mission, we are looking to add a Physical Security Manager to our team. In this role, you will support the Physical Security Program Manager providing management oversight of security vendors and contractors directly applicable to Bay Area security operations.
You will be interacting in a positive way with various partners across a variety of business units and demonstrate ownership of work you're doing. You will have the opportunity to build a growing security program, understand and adapt to nuances of varying internal customers, and assist in developing a scalable program.
This role will be responsible for the below areas:
Enterprise Security Management
- manage security officers and a security reception Guarding Service
- direct a guarding service using security policies and programs that enable business operations to protect our people, assets, and facilities
- lead scope and performance of various security service suppliers
- provide the Safety and Security team timely incident status, weekly status reports, monthly metric reports, biweekly invoice reviews, and other reports as requested
- foster an inclusive culture where safety and security values are integrated into every facet of the company
- partner with functional and business leaders to identify and document risks
- develop roadmap to mitigate risks by priority
- ensure that associated plans are regularly reviewed and validated
- provide data driven decision-making
- implement security plans for dynamic Splunk events providing a facility event security program that mitigates risk
- develop fit-for-purpose solutions to help the facilities team with security for all size/types events
- establish emergency protocols for events
Incident and Emergency Management
- handle response to incidents that present threats to our people, property or operational capability
- ensure that employee and business communication mechanisms and messages are accurate and timely
- report status and impacts of incident and near-miss scenarios
- run a 24/7 x 365 Guarding service consisting of Security Officers within the Bay area with a team of outsourced security staff
- identify, assess and communicate risks that may affect people or operations
- partner with Security Systems, Protective Intelligence, Global Security Coordination Center, Facilities, and Emergency Manager to refine playbooks
- recommend mitigation strategies using annual security audits of processes and procedures
- develop, maintain and scale a program to meet the demands of a dynamic business
- build and utilize ongoing, regular risk assessments for company facilities
- excellent MS Office and Google Drive skills
- experience in data collection, performance metrics and trend analysis
- experience in guard operations and able to respond quickly to incidents on-site
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience includes 7+ years in security or closely related services in public or private sector in dynamic growth environments
- 3+ years’ experience in security management with validated experience
- superb communication and customer service skills
- multi-disciplinary background (e.g. security operations, counter-surveillance tactics and incident investigations)
- experience supporting and running guarding operations
- familiarity with Splunk and use of our business solution
- physical security experience
- travel may be required on occasion to support additional facilities
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.