Join us as we build a next generation observability solution, bringing metrics, traces, and logs together for developers and SREs all over the globe. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Product Manager (PM) for SignalFx Infrastructure Monitoring, you will be responsible for driving the roadmap for key aspects of the SignalFx product line at Splunk. The PM will have an opportunity to use their entire range of skills and interact with engineering development, sales, and marketing to develop Splunk’s Infrastructure Monitoring solution. This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to establish themselves as the owner of key elements of Splunk’s industry-leading observability solutions.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze their needs and assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Organize and refine feature requirements with product, engineering, and design: adding detail and defining acceptance criteria for features and user stories that guide the engineering team
- Manage product roadmaps and timelines, and track corresponding development efforts
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment
- Support product marketing in creating product collateral and demos
- Support product training and sales activities
- Serve as the subject matter expert to Splunk’s field operations
- Understand and maintain expertise in competitive products
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- Extensive industry experience, including product manager or product owner for SaaS or cloud infrastructure products experience
- Experience and comfortable working with Agile development teams using scrum methodology
- Good understanding of a range of Cloud (SaaS and IaaS) solutions. Working knowledge of metrics-based monitoring, user administration and access management is a strong bonus
- Passion for building products that are both technically solid and that win in the marketplace
- Disciplined, critical thinker with active listening skills and attention to detail. Able to solve complex problems in an organized way, and to maintain multiple projects without compromising results
- High energy, can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done
- Experience at a start-up or in a scrappy, fast-moving culture
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.