Senior Product Manager/Product Manager - Developer Programs
Senior Product Manager/Product Manager:
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a strong product leader to drive both the strategy and execution of the developer program for its next generation cloud developer platform. The ability to successfully create and expand applications is one of the first core steps to unlocking value for our customers, and thus a critical part of the platform. This roll will define how the developer program is packaged and delivered to our developers, customers and partners, who are developing content for our next generation cloud platform. You will need to handle dependencies that may come up in both frontend and backend development in order to deliver value to developers and customers.
You are organized, positive, creative, analytical, and focused on the customer and partners at all times. You know when to make decisions and when to ask questions. This is an execution-focused role: You maintain a strong long-term vision that aligns with the product strategy. At the same time, you are committed to improving the developer experience at every step of the way. This requires a customer-focused product management professional with excellent interpersonal skills, and a track record of success.
- Strategy: roadmap planning, uncovering customer and competitor insights to influence long-term developer program investments
- Research: persona identification, market research, integration ecosystem vendors and ISV's
- Execution: supporting sprints and engineering execution, writing user stories, groom backlogs
- Enablement: lead messaging and positioning content with marketing, business development, community, and sales teams
- Delivery: implementation of developer programs into ecosystem
- Collaboration: work with multiple groups to create and push programs to success
You are a hands-on product manager who can execute and evangelize a transformative vision for Splunk’s developers. In this role, you will iron out highly complex problems, gain insight into developer challenges, business goals and increase Splunk’s adoption across our customer base. Everything you build will need to be tracked, measured and reported. You will be key to evolving Splunk’s value chain in the marketplace and to impact our top-line growth.
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management
- You can navigate the trade-offs between long-term technical investments and short-term customer focused product iterations.
- You demonstrate leadership by setting and achieving clear and measurable goals. You make decisions based on facts and data, not speculations.
- You will need to work with a team of inbound and outbound product managers
- You should have knowledge about running developer programs
- You should have experience with executing a successful pricing strategy
- You should have an understanding about developer advocacy
- You are comfortable working with colleagues in other Splunk offices on a regular basis. This position requires 20-25% travel.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.