Principal Product Manager, Data Ingestion
Principal Product Manager - Data Ingestion
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Principal Product Manager at Splunk, you will drive the roadmap for the next-generation of data onboarding capabilities for Splunk. Each data source is unique and sophisticated in its own way - cloud providers, operating systems, hardware devices, application development platforms and beyond. You will help make these data onboarding experiences seamless as well as flexible for the user, making it easy for them to get data into Splunk and rapidly derive business insights they need from their data. Identifying points of friction from a user’s perspective and understanding the technical complexities of the data sources is critical to the experience we are looking to build.
You will work closely with our outstanding Engineering teams, Product Managers, Architects, UX Designers and Product Marketing teams to build and evolve our data onboarding experience. Your product will be integral to every other functionality in Splunk and enable you to work with and influence nearly every other product within Splunk.
- Drive a strong product vision and strategy for data ingestion and onboarding from a variety of data sources into Splunk. You will be focusing on an area that is the tip of the spear for every dollar of revenue for Splunk
- Think through the data onboarding journey end to end and help identify ways we can make the workflow painless and delightful for our users while still keeping ingestion architecture flexible
- Develop a solid understanding of our key personas and communicate their needs crisply and succinctly to our distributed engineering and design teams, translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap, and high-impact, innovative features
- Actively maintain a view of the market, competition, and technologies as they change, and factor them, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with Engineering, Architecture, UX, other PMs, Marketing, Support, and Sales teams to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Get-things-done. Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data sources, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Lean on data. Splunk is a data-to-everything-platform. So, strong preference to rely on data to make informed decisions.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience.
- Experience building and scaling distributed applications on the Cloud; bonus if this is in Integration products and technologies, specifically with AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Experience in Data Ingestion and Data Ingestion Technologies
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, combined with a strong business sense and customer focus
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- MBA or equivalent practical experience
- Prior knowledge of Splunk a plus.
If you’d like to join one of the fastest-growing and most exciting tech companies in Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.