Senior Administrative Assistant - Engineering (Observability, IT Ops, Victor Ops)
Are you crazy organized, meticulous and love making sure leaders stay on top of their game? Do you thrive in a fast-growing environment? Are you relentless in your development? Then we have a home for you at Splunk! The Senior Administrative Assistant at Splunk will be responsible for supporting our VP’s of Engineering. This position requires initiative, attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly. You should expect to manage internal and external relationships, work with senior executives, external customers, and possess superb communication skills. This is an ideal position for a hardworking, career SAA who works well under pressure, is a self-starter, is passionate about delivering strategic value and wants to work in a dynamic, fast-moving, environment. This role reports directly to the VP Enterprise Engineering.
- Calendar management - organize all meetings including but not limited to team meetings, offsite meetings, customer, and internal business partner meetings across international time zones.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences and special events (onsite & offsite)
- Expense reporting and purchasing.
- Extensive experience in scheduling domestic and international travel.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Acts as a liaison for assigned executives relaying and exchanging information with others including: Senior leaders and other organizations or constituents.
- Organizing and coordinating All Hands
- Helping to set agenda, creating meeting notes and action items from weekly staff meetings
- Tracking of teams budget and hiring targets
- Providing backup support for other executives.
- A minimum of 6+ years work experience in the capacity of an Administrative Assistant supporting reporting to an executive.
- Incredibly bright, high-energy individual, with a passion to learn and chip in.
- Deep experience performing administrative work that requires analysis, initiative, discretion, and independent judgment. Detail-oriented and customer service focused.
- Flawless execution of administrative activities, with extreme focus on the specifics, organization and process.
- at ease with frequent access to confidential information and ability to exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to continuously acquire new competencies.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing focus and needs.
- Strong relationship management skills, build a personal network throughout the company.
- Ability to prioritize long task lists and meet deadlines with little direction in an often highly ambiguous environment.
- Ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or collaborating with a variety of teams.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow org policies, practices, and operations.
- Ability to work well across the organization with employees of all levels and in all departments.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and calendaring skills.
- Experience supporting a fast-paced Engineering organization is highly desirable.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.