Director of Product Management, Information Technology / IT
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Director of Product Management (PM) within the IT Business Applications group, you will lead a small but growing team of 7 Product Manager or Product Owners responsible for a portfolio of internal custom applications used across diverse line of business, such as sales, marketing, customer success, human resources, recruiting, and products, to run our $2B+ and growing business. You already led teams to build successful products – both mobile and web – in agile software development environments. You will guide new product development through all stages of the product life cycle, from the identification of customer needs and product definition through development, launch, and sustainment. This is a highly cross-functional role in which you will be responsible for shaping our overall product strategy, roadmap, and methods and practices for your team to support the achievement of company business goals.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are valuable for this role for promoting ideas throughout the company.
- Guide the product strategy and roadmap for a broad portfolio of internal IT services that include: internal web and mobile applications, data integrations, and identity access & management
- Lead and encourage a team of accomplished product managers, enabling high performance and removing obstacles to the attainment of their objectives
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent to scale the function and meet business goals
- Lead PM efforts across teams from ideation through launch, and continuing through ongoing maintenance and support
- Serve as an inspiring IT leader for innovation to our internal business partners while offering the simplest and the best UX for our products that serve thousands of employees and customers
- Facilitate decision-making across cross-functional teams to deliver products that drive business agility and growth
- Discover new product opportunities across our lines of business
- Implement best-in-class product management processes to increase team velocity, quality, and accountability
- Champion agile practices for the product management function, who play the Product Owner role, to increase adoption and maturity within our Agile@SplunkIT framework
- Define, manage, and report on key performance indicators that measure product capabilities against business goals
- Build consensus and effectively influence senior-level partners
- 10+ years of product management experience within IT
- Track record of successfully establishing and implementing product management methods and practices in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and develop a team of high-performing product managers (direct reports)
- Track record of building innovative web and mobile solutions, with particular strengths in developing impactful consumer experiences
- Proven ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- Skilled in providing analysis and estimation of the strategic and financial value of new products and features
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in computer science or a related field is preferred. An MBA a plus.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.