Senior Engineering Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk APM, which is a combination of the SignalFx and Omnition acquisitions, is a new generation of application performance management solutions for microservices and distributed applications. We work on new, world-class tools to monitor and observe microservice-based applications and are one of the main drivers of the emerging OpenTelemetry CNCF project. Join us to be at the forefront of the industry by creating open-source solutions for OpenTelemetry. Get involved in work that will bring personal recognition in the industry and inside the company.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead a diverse team of Engineers as we continue to innovate on distributed tracing instrumentation. As a Manager at Splunk, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design and technical decisions, and helping the team overcome any challenges that we encounter. While you won't be coding on a day-to-day basis, you will leverage your strong technical background to drive architectural and software design conversations, provide technical guidance when necessary.
- You will cultivate an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will be responsible for the execution and delivery of your team.
- You will work with product management team members to help resolve priorities and the roadmap for your team.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain premier developers and testers for your team.
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams focused on API backed web applications.
- Demonstrated experience as a technical lead on successful, large-scale software projects.
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Experience with programming in multiple languages (Java, Python, Go, Ruby, PHP, Node.js)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.