Atlassian Systems Administrator
How do you scale to a multiple billion-dollar company with thousands of users? Are you ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Splunk's Collaboration Team is seeking Systems Administrator that will be administering BitBucket, JIRA Confluence and comparable technology. You will also diagnose and resolve network issues with wired and wireless connectivity, assign IP addresses, configure switch ports, and develop service dashboards. You will have an interest in learning to deploy and support a diverse variety of environments, including large, high availability networks. Strong customer service skills will be necessary for this position, as the engineer will interact with employees on a regular basis. You will assist with projects, network upgrades, maintenance activities, and on-call responsibilities.
- 5+ years of JIRA administration experience, supporting small to large enterprise environments
- Experience administering BitBucket, JIRA Confluence and comparable technology
- Strong verbal, written and social skills are a requirement
- You will work independently and solve problems with speed and efficiency
- Ability to self-motivate, handle, and prioritize competing tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work after hours to support projects and maintenance activities
- Potential travel to support field office projects
- Daily operational support of Splunk’s global network infrastructure
- You will coordinate and implement software and hardware upgrades
- You will resolve performance connectivity and related problems on Atlassian Stack
- You will build new Jira projects, and author workflows based on user requirements
- You will manage the confluence environment and create spaces, pages, page templates as necessary
- You will ensure system availability of all Atlassian tools based on defined SLAs
- You will handle service ticket queue to ensure timely resolution for end user issues
- Support for s/w deployment and maintenance projects
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.