Manager, Corporate Finance
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a high performance Manager to join its Corporate Finance team and have an immediate impact. Your responsibility will be to lead all monthly and quarterly reporting of Splunk’s top line metrics, including TCV, ACV, ARR, and Revenue, partner with Investor Relations, and play an integral role in Splunk’s long range plan. This includes working with key stakeholders within Finance, across the organization, and newly acquired companies to report, forecast, and integrate top-line metrics. Furthermore, you will leverage and own our reporting systems and play a vital role in streamlining routine reporting processes. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, possess deep attention to detail, an unrelenting drive to get to the answer, and the ability to thrive in the ambiguity and open space that comes in a fast-growing organization. Candidates will also be required to have mastery of Excel with excellent modeling and data manipulation skills. This position will be based in San Francisco or San Jose, CA, or McLean, VA.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Prepare top-line reporting packages for monthly BvAs and forecast updates, driving focus and insights on business trends, opportunities, and risks
- Prepare quarterly bookings reporting packages for Investor Relations team and Partner with Data Ops team to streamline monthly Bookings and ARR reconciliations
- Develop and monitor leading performance indicators for both growth and productivity, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances in performance
- Collaborate with newly acquired companies (M&A) to align key metrics and ensure proper reporting
- Drive alignment and coordination with Revenue Accounting teams during monthly and quarterly close process
- Play an integral role in Splunk’s transition to a Cloud-first software company by driving insights into revenue forecasting and recognition as we migrate our customer base from license to cloud
- Identify and drive enhancement, automation, and scale in reporting packages and systems
- Be a go-to partner for executive level leadership on actual financial results, budgeting, and forecasting
- Create policy & procedure documents for key stakeholders
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses for senior leadership on critical business issues
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8 years of progressive finance experience, with a strong preference for those with prior experience in a finance team at a software/Saas business or in investment banking
- This role is for doers with an extreme level of ownership; those able to get into the details and get the job done while seeing the forest for the trees
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g., master proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets, and Anaplan a must. Experience in SAP ERP a plus)
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Finance; Master’s degree is a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.