Technical Writer Intern (Summer 2020)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for highly motivated college students to join our team. As an intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
As a Technical Writer Intern you will be responsible for…
Collaborating closely with other writers, editors, software developers, UX designers, product managers, and support engineers to update existing topics and author new content based on customer feedback and internal requirements. You will gain hands-on experience writing, editing, and perhaps illustrating content for docs.splunk.com. Our company features an environment where flexibility, teamwork, and delivering credible, customer focused solutions is paramount. We work in an Agile software development group and continuously update our documentation in a live MediaWiki-based environment. As an intern on the Splunk doc team, you will meet some of the smartest writers in the industry, see what the future of data is all about, and make a tangible difference to the Splunk customer community.
- You will dive into the information development cycle to draft, revise, and validate a variety of enterprise software documentation topics
- You will use your fresh perspective as a new Splunk software user to offer suggestions for improving Splunk documentation
- You will work with expert writers, editors, and doc team managers to learn what technical writing looks like in the real world; part software development, part user experience design, part investigative journalism.
- A compulsive attention to detail and concern for both software and information quality
- A passion for learning new technologies, solving problems, and applying that knowledge to written assignments
- Experience following a style guide
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, work to a deadline, and communicate project status
- Basic graphic design and image manipulation skills
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- The ability to collaborate with a wide variety of team members
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement.
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.