IT Data Technologies Support Lead
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year
We are currently searching for an energetic and collaborative Data Operations Lead Engineer to join our Data Technologies team. This individual will work in our all-cloud Cloud Data Warehouse environment; a rapidly evolving and expanding data architecture integrating highly distributed business data. You will work closely with Data/BI Engineers, product owners, Information security and IT Operations associates through the support lifecycle, and onto automating a 24/7 highly available production operation.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Take ownership for the day-to-day operational support for your team, using Data Technology tools to ensure the operational integrity of the platform.
- Manage support and change requests related to your team’s services and processes.
- You will triage and resolve production issues for key business stakeholders based on the defined internal SLA timeframes and Escalation policies.
- Optimize monitoring capabilities including production traffic, access management, data security, data validations, job failures, application health, dashboards and alerts.
- You will also help improve and maintain support documentation, including runbooks.
- Manage the overall Data Warehouse Production support processes
- Defines the IT policies and procedures for the area
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of experience in Cloud Data Lake / Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence technical support capacity.
- 5 Years’ experience in Data Infrastructure Architecture, Data Security and Platform engineering across multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of cloud database technologies like Snowflake, Redshift.
- Experience working with and debugging ETL Jobs, SQL queries, Tableau BI, Talend DI, Python scripts.
- Experience developing relevant metrics, measure and publish the performance of the services provided and enable continuous improvement in collaboration with peer groups.
- You have strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to communicate with both business and technical teams.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.