Director, Global ISV Strategy
Are you passionate about Global Independent Software Vendors and strategizing on the plan and execution? If you answered yes, we have the role for you at Splunk! You will be responsible for driving the global strategy, planning, and execution within each segment in collaboration with the Partner Theater organizations and more specifically with Global ISVs. You will define mutual goals and objectives and builds awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the Channel org. In addition, you get to evangelize company products in conjunction with recruiting key partnerships. Lastly you will provide financial analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential alliances/partnerships. This role is tied to the results of the Global Channel Sales.
- Build and execute the global ISV strategy with the Sales theater leads
- Will be expected to Heat map and Assess current coverage. Will use this to determine if we have the right ISVs and where we don’t identify gaps, build recruitment targets, conduct RFPs. Provide coverage mapping, identify gaps, establish recruitment targets
- Team with the Partner Programs org to provide strategic inputs on the partner program as it relates to driving the business.
- Help provide a centralized view of Distribution dynamics to help provide input into how we are building the Disti partner program globally; same for Reseller; provide a POV on what we are incentivizing Distribution and Resellers
- Partner with theater leaders to understand local dynamics/include their inputs, plus execute the global strategy with/through the theaters.
- Lead initiatives within the global partner strategy that are executed via distribution/reseller. E.g.one example might be to Consolidate a view on New Logo and how a segment level plan is executed via all the theaters.
- Effectively use data to recognize standard methodologies and anticipate challenges in the ISV ecosystem.
- Represent the business to the senior leadership teams across channel, sales and offering management from the product segment perspective.
- Provide strategy, analysis, support, ideas and guidance to regional geography channel leadership teams.
- Provide insight and requirements to business partner enablement team to coordinate on priorities, plans and execution.
- Identify key metrics and monitors ongoing program performance, making adjustments as necessary.
- Provides periodic updates on program performance to executive staff, including analysis of performance and recommendations of changes as necessary.
- Assesses partner sales, technical proficiency and readiness to execute against Splunk channel strategy on ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with product marketing and region partners to design, develop and implement cloud go to market initiatives. Accurately sizes and requests budget as necessary to support such initiatives. Monitors progress and reports out quarterly in terms of execution status and return on investment.
- Makes recommendations annually as to structure and value of partner proposition available to partners by working with Splunk
- Be a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Global ISV management expertise and at least 10 years of experience building and selling to large enterprises.
- Ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure MSP software licensing transactions
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Ability to build business cases
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to coach and develop peers and superiors alike
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- History and reputation for success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Bachelors degree preferred and MBA a plus
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.