Senior Manager, UX Product Design - Observability (SFBA or Remote)
Design at Splunk
Design at Splunk is at the center of how we build and ship products our users love to use. We’re a team of designers and user researchers that focus on solving real customer problems by making the complex more approachable.
Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible and actionable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you think design has the power to make the daily lives of our enterprise customers easier and more fulfilling? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data? If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
We're looking for a Senior Product Design Manager to lead our Application Observability design team within the Observability portfolio. This includes our application monitoring and digital experience monitoring product areas and focuses on how to improve application front-end performance and end-user experience through practical data.
- A design leader who drives business outcomes through design methodologies
- Customer-focused and belief in the value of research
- A collaborative operational leader who deeply cares about building scalable programs that work for the broader organization
- A highly compassionate leader who thrives in a feedback-centric culture and is open to having hard conversations
- Able to lead multiple products simultaneously
- Deliver quality user experiences that provide
- Lead a team of impactful product designers by communicating a vision, providing direction, mentorship, and inspiration
- Balance the strategic and operational needs of your team—from pitching ideas to negotiating trade-off decisions and coordinating resources
- Drive excellence through collaboration with product and engineering leaders, researchers, and writers to identify business opportunities and user needs
- Cultivate positive relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of a comprehensive end-to-end user experience
- Drive standards for design excellence supporting our design system, principles, and guidelines
- Promote informed decision-making using quantitative and qualitative research to ensure users' observability needs are understood and met
- Leverage design methodologies to deliver significant value to Splunk Observability users and the business
- Exercise strong communication and nurture a culture of trust and feedback
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring, and retaining top talent
- Experience working with and leading distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus if you have:
- An understanding of observability/application performance monitoring
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a remote position located in the US. You must be able to work on the West Coast time zone (PST).
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $185,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.