MBA Intern (Corporate Strategy)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Corporate Strategy team at Splunk is focused on driving results for the company through performance management, operational cadence, and strategic initiatives and is aligned to the market and functional areas of the organization.
As an MBA intern on the Corporate Strategy team, you will help develop strategies that drive growth and improvements in the business. Projects include conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth, uncovering customer and competitive insights, and driving business initiatives. You will also partner with the leadership team to scope business cadence, measure and track critical initiatives, and assist in the preparation of content for Executive discussions.
In this role, you will work on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the c-suite, have exposure to senior-level decision-making, and establish relationships with people across the entire company.
You have a strong analytic background and have competencies in all areas of strategy development and execution including project management, business analysis, problem solving, and executive communication. In addition, you will demonstrate the ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment. A combination of strategy and technology market experience is ideal.
The position is based in San Jose / San Francisco and will report up to the Director of Corporate Strategy.
- Drive market intelligence for Splunk; work cross-functionally to research problems, analyze opportunities, and drive recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process.
- Provide insights to the business through analytics and market research (e.g. market, customer, competitive).
- Develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and plans to capture the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model.
- Pre or post-graduate experience in management consulting, private equity, or strategy & operations at a technology company (or similar).
- Experience working on large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis, building the business and operational plans, and driving execution through to success.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal -- to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; comfort in business and technical discussions.
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment.
- Currently enrolled in a top-tier MBA program.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.