Senior Writer, Content Marketing
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about turning business and technical information into engaging storytelling? We are looking for a talented writer, editor and content marketer to join our fast-growing content marketing team which covers emerging technologies, IT, security and more. You’ll play a pivotal role in writing, planning and executing our content across a variety of channels and formats. This role requires a high level of creativity combined with the ability to collaborate across our product, corporate and customer experience marketing teams.
The ideal candidate for this position has a writing and editing background, a proven track record of meeting deadlines and managing multiple, successful projects and a passion for developing and creating great content. If you’re ready to join a fun, creative, growing team, we want to hear from you.
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Join us as we make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.
This role is based at the San Francisco HQ location.
- Develop, write and edit high-impact content that is distributed across a variety of channels (web, email, social and more) to reach target audiences
- Manage an editorial calendar
- Collaborate across our product, corporate and customer experience marketing teams
- 7+ years experience working in technology content or journalism creating high-quality content in the form of articles, customer stories, case studies and more
- Significant experience in editorial or digital marketing role delivering content in a wide array of formats
- Experience using analytics to determine the effectiveness of content communication channels to better inform our strategy
- Strong project management skills – the ability to own and drive schedules from start to finish, including managing peers
- Ability to interpret creative direction, and willingness to learn
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and able to multitask on a variety of different projects
- Previous experience managing IT or security-related content and an editorial calendar a plus
BA in journalism, English or related field a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.