Entry Level Front-End Engineer
Join us as we pursue our vision to make the world a place where data provides clarity, elevates discussion, and accelerates progress for everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- While you can work from any Splunk office, or be remote, this team’s working hours are in the Pacific time zone, and you’ll be expected to have your working hours line up with that.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers and other engineers to build rich end-to-end user experiences
- Utilize and improve state-of-the-art CI/CD tools for rapid deployment of quality code
- Write comprehensive tests to ensure maintainability and stability
- Share on-call duties to help with the operation of our Cloud software.
- Influence processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation
- Experience in building web applications with React.js and CSS
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working on a software project in a team setting
- Familiarity with using REST APIs
- Familiarity with standard testing approaches (unit, smoke, integration, etc)
- Passionate about design and user experience
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always exploring new technologies, bringing in OSS projects and contributing back.
- A set of hardworking and dedicated peers
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.