Cloud Operations Incident Commander
Want to work in a dynamic environment working with the latest cloud technologies? Want to learn tools like Splunk from the inside and grow your career in exciting ways? Splunk Cloud is looking for self-starting engineers to be a part of the Cloud Network Operations Center (CNOC). The responsibility of the Splunk CNOC to supervise and resolve issues that affect the availability and performance of Splunk for our cloud customers. As the authority on our customer’s experience, the CNOC is the frontline of defense in making sure each of our customers has an outstanding experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Incident Manager to join our team in supporting and supervising our ever-expanding Cloud platform.
- Provide 24/7 support & incident management.
- Use the Splunk Incident Management System (SIMS) to restore normal service operations as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations.
- Assemble the response team which includes the incident owner, problem owner and other professionals in the specified area of expertise.
- Establish accurate expectations from response procedures to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the process.
- Supervise and manage incidents fully to ensure accurate information is captured.
- Assemble and lead conference calls for diagnosis and remediation of customer impacting outages.
- Provide Incident commander responsibilities, contribute to post incident review, and follow through with action plans
- Develop positive, strong, and collaborative relationships with multiple cross-functional partners across Splunk to improve the Team's efficiency and ability to deliver on sophisticated tasks that have broad impact
- Make suggestions for process improvements and improved operational efficiencies.
- You have 3+ years in Major incident response and management experience.
- You are able to think out of the box and work on multiple tasks simultaneously while dynamically prioritizing based on changing conditions.
- You enjoy problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Remain calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage
- You have excellent problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- You are willing to work weekends, overnight shifts and holidays with flexibility to work additional shifts on short notice.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.