Senior Product Manager - Security Automation
San Jose, CA
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Product Manager for Splunk Phantom will be responsible for driving the roadmap for key aspects of the SOAR product line at Splunk. The PM will have an opportunity to use their entire range of skills and get along with sales, marketing, and development to guide Splunk’s roadmap around security automation and orchestration to continue the successful growth the Splunk Security product portfolio. This role presents an excellent opportunity for you to play a key role in the security markets group and establish themselves as the owner of key elements of Splunk’s security products within a world-class enterprise technology company.
- Day-to-day management of current release (In sync with engineering deliverables)
- Heavy Jira interaction, sprint meeting attendance, sprint feature negotiation with Engineering
- Support and mentorship to the UI design team, as well as back-end platform team
- Comprehensive written definition of key features
- Release schedule planning with engineering, keeping field informed on changes
- Product launch support and creation of launch assets
- Field, community, customer rollout (e.g. release notes, announcements, etc).
- All of the above is applicable to current release, n+1 release, as well as patches
- Customer interviews (execution as well as coordination)
- RFP/RFI support to sales
- Minimum 6-10 years industry experience, including at least
- Minimum 2+ years in product management for enterprise security or network management products
- Minimum 2+ years developing enterprise software and/or working in a technical field role for an enterprise software or SaaS company
- Experience working with Agile development teams using Scrum methodology
- You have a deep understanding of a range of enterprise security products
- You have Working knowledge of SOAR products
- You bring a real passion for building products that are both technically proven and that win in the marketplace
Education: Got it!
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related
We believe diverse teams embody our values and achieve the best results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. This position would be based in San Francisco, San Jose, or Seattle. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.