Senior Security Automation Engineer (US Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and who seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most significantly by contributing to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
As a member of the Security Engineering team, you will collaborate with other security teams to execute on strategic plans and develop tactical execution methodologies which improve the “protect, detect, and respond” capabilities of Splunk’s Global Security Team.
The ideal candidate has a passion for developing security solutions and capabilities that enable Splunk Global Security to protect our organization, people, and assets. You will collaborate with our engineers, operations teams, incident responders, and threat intel teams, as well as our security solution providers, to help them maximize the capabilities of Phantom and achieve success.
Our Security Solution Engineers work with our teams to realize the potential of Security Automation & Orchestration (SOAR) by developing advanced playbooks and new integrations with a wide range of security technologies and services. The role involves not only developing the solutions but working with our internal customers and partners to improve their projects by providing mentorship on how to resolve technical issues and challenges. The ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of solving complex problems and seeing results that generate success.
The SOAR playbooks are the codification of a Splunk’s security operations plan. Playbooks hook into the Phantom platform and all of its capabilities in order to execute these actions, ensuring a repeatable and auditable process around security operations.
You will provide engineering and operational support for cutting edge security tools, as well as deploying and running services that make full use of both private and public cloud services. This security engineering professional role is responsible for Planning, Design, Testing, Deployment/Implementation, Break/Fix, Patching, Change Control and Service Maintenance/Support/Updates of high complex security systems to fulfill Splunk’s business needs. You will provide engineering support in the following areas:
- Build reusable, testable, and efficient Python-based Playbooks that codify the business drivers of the customer.
- Extend the SOAR platform through the development of Phantom Apps.
- Train and mentor security teams expertise and knowledge on the best use of Phantom and automation.
- Identify use cases that can be built with existing tools and Phantom to enable automation and orchestration.
- This role also includes supporting the definition of requirements that enable innovative integrations and playbooks.
- Collaborate on the evaluation and test solutions with the intent of improving Splunk’s overall risk posture.
- Proficient development skills with Python, with experience in using REST APIs to integrate disparate security technologies.
- An understanding of software development standard methodologies to identify requirements and guide other SOAR engineers to develop new apps and playbooks.
- A strong foundation in the deployment of a wide range of security solutions. Experience in Linux and networking is required.
- You possess the ability to accurately assess problems and requests from multiple perspectives, analyze approach feasibility, and decide on the efficient course of action.
- 7 or more years of security experience in one or more of these critical areas: Information Security Technology, Engineering, Operations, Technology Infrastructure and Proof of Concept - testing labs.
- Communicate data, facts, and analysis regarding operational delivery.
- You will support collaboration when working on engineering’s goals and objectives.
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Phantom SOAR, Git and/or Ansible
- Multiple relevant security certifications (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Understand GDPR, PCI and FedRAMP regulations and the protections afforded customers and employees
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.