Category Manager, SaaS/Software
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Reporting to the Head of Technology Products and Services Sourcing you will use the skills and experiences that you have collected over your life and career to contribute to a growing team seeking to be better or do things better. You will be a key contributor to the team.
As the Category Manager - Software, you will be responsible for supporting our business partners in Tech & Prod, Marketing, HR, Finance, Legal functions for their Software requirements. You will be instrumental in developing our relationship and growing our influence through standard methodology contract management of supplier relationships, you’ll cultivate deep interactions with our Engineering, Field Operations and G&A teams to develop and deliver successful outcomes.
- Opportunity to join a new exciting team from the ground up and influence the processes and policies as the team grows in size and influence
- Be a force for change and implement standardized processes globally
- Knowledge of working with a wide range of software publishers and related services (e.g. LinkedIn, NICE, Gainsight, GitLab, Gravitational etc.)
- Ability to mitigate risk and operationalize through contracting standard methodologies (e.g. standardisation, playbook etc.)
- Takes on leadership responsibility for relevant supplier relationships by implementing business reviews and other oversight and governance appropriate to the relationship
- Defines, develop and implements a three (3) year strategic sourcing plan for respective sourcing category with the goal of maturing the function though modernization and industrialization of processes and procedures
- Lead contract and commercial negotiations including drafting of documentation in consultation with Legal, InfoSec, and Privacy teams.
- Draft RFx document
- Prepare and present risk profiles and financial analysis
- Achievement of savings and non-financial targets for sourcing portfolio
- Minimum 8 years work experience with 5 years focused technology sourcing and procurement
- Proven track record to lead, motivate and develop suppliers globally.
- Ability to work within a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Sourcing and Contract management in accordance with the laws and regulations of California & New York with appreciation of EU.
- Consistent track record of developing and leading global vendor relationships
- Demonstrates project management skills on large spend sourcing initiatives
- Detailed understanding of software products
- Consistent record of delivering savings through better leveraging, contracting structure, relationship development and process efficiencies
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Supply Chain Management (or equivalent).
- 8 years of related work experience.
- Scout, Ariba, advanced Excel or equivalent.
- “Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.”
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.