Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Platform
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Are you interested in contributing to our disruptive mission to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone? Are you passionate about emerging technologies, working closely with product, marketing and sales teams, and championing customer and partner success? We are committed to our work, customers, and partners, and to having fun. We're seeking an equally passionate, skilled and lively marketing leader to drive our emerging products and initiatives to the next level.
You will be part of a team of marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated go-to-market of the Splunk platform. You will lead marketing efforts to support our portfolio of emerging products and initiatives, including Splunk data stream processing, data fabric search and new customer acquisition. You will launch products and solutions, contribute to thought leadership, and open up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will collaborate with product, sales and marketing leaders from around the world to produce the collateral necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities.
You will be based out of Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco or San Jose, California. This is a rare opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and industry-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do attitude is critical.
- Partner with product management and sales to craft and execute business, product, and GTM plans.
- Own positioning and messaging for programs and products including the Splunk Data Stream Processing initiative.
- Build key sales tools including presentations, solutions briefs, and demos to improve sales effectiveness.
- Represent Splunk in press interviews, analyst briefings, customer engagements, and at conferences.
- Assist field sales by providing your expertise in customer meetings and sales engagements.
- Bring your products and initiatives to life through integrated marketing spanning any and all channels -- web, social, demand gen, press, analysts, events, and more.
- 6+ years of product marketing experience in enterprise software; customer-facing experience a plus.
- Amazing written and oral communications skills including ability to craft differentiated positioning and messaging, build effective sales content, and deliver compelling presentations.
- Experience planning and executing product launches including working within a tight timeline, securing customer references, and creating sales training and enablement materials for the field and partners.
- Ability to represent Splunk at various speaking engagements including conferences, press interviews, and analyst briefings.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-growth, sometimes ambiguous, and career-defining environment.
- Collaboration skills and shown success delivering results.
- Requires some domestic and international travel.
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.