Revenue Manager - APAC
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a strong Revenue Manager to join our high-impacting Revenue Assurance team as we strive to reach our goal of hitting $5 billion and beyond. You will be the accounting focal point on revenue recognition and contract structuring for our APAC sales region, reporting to our Global Revenue Assurance Manager. You will also work cross-functionally and partner with our Finance, Sales/Field Ops, Legal, Best Practices, and Order Management teams. Ideally you are an excellent teammate who is hands on, highly detail oriented and process driven, but also a critical and creative thinker that can jump into the details while having an understanding of the big picture.
- Serve as the APAC region's subject matter expert on revenue accounting, coordinating with Splunk Corporate Finance and Accounting in the US
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, and Legal during the contract and order sales cycle
- Gain an in depth understanding of Direct and Sales Channel business processes, including Evaluation and “Quote to Cash” process/cycles.
- Point of contact for any support critical issues relating to revenue, order management, and quoting issues
- Review, document, and communicate any revenue impacts for contracts (pre and post execution), in accordance with Splunk's revenue recognition guidelines, ASC 606, & US GAAP
- Maintain regular communication channels with our Corporate Revenue and Order Management teams
- Assist FP&A with revenue forecasting for APAC
- Assist with the Company's monthly close and reporting process including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation of revenue accounts, working in sync with the US Revenue Accounting Operations team
- Introduce improvements to enhance accuracy of processing / reporting and increase efficiencies for existing and new products and processes
- Develop and provide training to sales over revenue and quoting processes
- Perform ad-hoc/special projects and analysis as require
- BS/BS in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of meaningful revenue experience
- Knowledge of ASC 606 principles, and a deep understanding of US GAAP
- You are a great teammate, with the ability to work independently and willingness to tackle challenges in a rapidly-growing and dynamic environment
- You have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including ability to interact effectively with management, peers, and cross-functional teams
- CPA (or equivalent) and Big Four experience is a plus
- Experience with financial systems a plus; SFDC, NetSuite, RevPro
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.