Products & Marketing Paralegal
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Legal is looking for an experienced and motivated paralegal whose primary role would be to support the Products and Marketing Legal Team, under the supervision of Sr. Corporate Counsel, Product (Legal). The position will be based in our San Francisco or San Jose office.
Personal Characteristics and Skills:
To succeed in this role, you will need to have excellent critical thinking ability; maintain a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability; and be detail-oriented, process-driven and highly organized. You should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively and flexibly in a collegial, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You should possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be able to build trusted relationships across teams. You should be self-motivated, self-reliant, confident, diligent and curious. Also, you should maintain a sense of humor and live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage inbound license agreements, service contracts, NDAs, and other transactional documents as needed
- Provide legal support for various marketing activities, including review of collateral and event/program materials
- Help create and scale project management process and knowledge management, including the processes and procedures for the Team’s review of new features, functionality, products and services
- Research and assist in tracking applicable laws, rules and regulatory guidance
- Update and maintain the Team’s playbooks and guidelines based on applicable laws, rules and regulatory guidance
- Assist in creating training modules and lead and coordinate various training sessions and other communications delivered to varying organizations within the company
- Collaborate with Legal Operations to acquire, configure and roll out tools and technologies that increase the Team’s efficiency and value to the business
- Develop positive, strong, and collaborative relationships with multiple cross-functional partners across Splunk to enhance the Team's effectiveness and ability to deliver on complex tasks that have broad impact
- Maintain metrics for the Team and its programs
- Pitch in on other responsibilities as needed
- Qualified as a paralegal in California
- 5-7 years of experience providing paralegal support at a well-regarded law firm or corporate legal department
- Proven experience with commercial transactions, marketing review and exposure to intellectual property and/or data privacy/security issues
- Product support experience preferred
- Familiarity with intellectual property laws and licensing concepts
- Technical savvy
- Strong computer skills, including with office productivity software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Drive, etc.) and be open to exploring new technical tools to help the Team
- Passionate about tech and love learning new technologies
- Able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Detail-oriented, process-driven and highly organized
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.