Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
That’s a cool job - I want it!
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year.
As a BI Engineer, you will be responsible for administering enterprise level reporting solutions, such as Tableau, that deliver the needs of our technology and business partners. You will operate as a primary developer and administrator of Tableau, one of the operational reporting solutions at Splunk. Additionally, this position will influence architecture of different reporting solutions including Splunk and other application based reporting tools.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that:
- Design, develop, and publish Tableau workbooks in Tableau Desktop and Server environment.
- Serve as Tableau Server admin to perform user provisioning, server performance management, license management, and version upgrades.
- Build Business Intelligence related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Work with business units to define requirements, use various data sources to develop and release Tableau workbooks that suits business analytics needs.
- Assist in developing creative methodologies, procedures, user adoption strategies, develop and design innovative ways to view and interact with data visualization for Business Analysis.
- Conduct group and individual, in-person and remote Tableau training sessions for staff members.
- Conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and fix any issues that arise.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that:
- 5+ years of experience in a Platform Engineering, Systems Administration role in support of Business Intelligence or Advanced Analytic tools (e.g. Tableau, Splunk, SFDC Einstein Analytics, etc.
- Minimum 8 years business analysis, business intelligence experience or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience with Tableau Server, including Tableau Desktop, TabAdmin, and supporting scripts
- Experience developing python scripts for automating server activities
- SQL Experience with AWS Redshift, Snowflake or other DBMS
- Familiar with utilization of source code repository(GitHub)
- Knowledge of the configuration of monitoring solutions and the creation of dashboards (Splunk)
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.